Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Trying to be Resolved


I have been reading the Resolutions of Johnathan Edwards for encouragement in my endeavors with fighting sin and trying to attain Christ likeness. So far I think Resolution number twenty four is a noble goal to attain to at this time. I think some of the "Ol Time Religion" is good for the soul.

24. Resolved, Whenever I do any conspicuously evil action, to trace it back, till I come to the original cause; and then, both carefully endeavor to do so no more, and to fight and pray with all my might against the original of it.

Being sensible that I am unable to do any thing without God’s help, I do humbly entreat him, by his grace, to enable me to keep these Resolutions, so far as they are agreeable to his will, for Christ’s sake.

Praise God!

- Aaron

No comments: