Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Just a Christian that Loves the Doctrines of Grace


I was out a friends house this weekend who broke out an old copy of the Onley hymns. Just before he broke it out we were discussing the Doctrines of Grace. He like me believes that these truths only widen our understanding of the greatness of God revealed in the scriptures. He like me believes that all "GOOD" theology and doctrine leads the believer to worship Christ more rightly. When I told my friend that I cannot seem to live without these Doctrines, since they fill me with the awesomeness of God. He brought this little book out and told me to read an excerpt written by John Newton.

-Aaron


In the preface to the Olney hymns, John Newton wrote, "The views I have received of the doctrines of grace are essential to my peace; I could not live comfortably a day, or an hour, without them. I likewise believe . . . them to be friendly to holiness, and to have a direct influence in producing and maintaining a gospel conversation; and therefore I must not be ashamed of them."

1 comment:

Jacob said...

Amen. I don't understand how Arminians survive spiritually and mentally within their beliefs.