Thursday, April 8, 2010

A little on Prayer, and such...

I was grateful again last night that I was able to attend prayer meeting at my local church. There aren't many who go but I praise God for those who are able to go. It seems as though lately all the attendees are beginning to be moved by the Power of God. I would like to think that I have learned a little in the area of prayer. I know that we have a God who hears and acts on the prayers of His people.
I thank God that He put me through the toughest time of my life so He could show Himself faithful and true. The cost was very very great but He is far greater. And the truth is what was lost is not lost but found by Christ and I will see them again; but for now they are hidden from eyes. I often pray that God will keep my focus and perspective on eternity, becasue this will all be over soon.
I am thankful that God never stops revealing His greatness and glory and my weakness and need for Him. I still see many things in this man that needs to be refined but I am sure of this He will do it. We who call on the great name of Christ must learn to die, die, die, and give all dominion and control over to Him. The trials are so tough but they fill me with a sense of the Glory of God, and they bring me in such sweet, true fellowship, I feel a life without these tests would be no life at all. God has designed testing and trials for all His children to make them conform into the image of Christ. We all should embrace them with open arms and hearts and get our fill of Jesus.
This has been a hard time for me but also very sweet too. I have learned that with the knowledge of God comes simplicity. I often pray "Gentle Jesus meek and mild come unto a little child. Lord pity my simplicity, suffer me to come to thee." In these few words I understand that I am not wise, powerful, or great; but I am a simple man from the dust who needs All Mighty God to rescue him daily.

- Aaron

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for encouragement to persevere in prayer and dependence on God.