Thursday, January 22, 2009

Do you know the Gospel?

OK. I guess I am picking on the Emergent Church quite often here.... Well if they would just do what the bible says I guess I would be OK. I have read yet another article where the Gospel they preach is one of GOOD WORKS to attain salvation. We can never attain salvation through our good works, we have no righteousness of our own. This is the Galatians Heresy repackaged. We cannot teach a false Gospel, look at the consequences of teaching a false Gospel: Galatians 1:8,9 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have reached to you, he is to be accursed! 9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed! This is strong language. The word accursed used here means "go to hell" in the Greek. Our Good Works cannot attain righteousness for us. Romans 3:10 says As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one; This is the testimony of Scripture about man Genesis 8:21 21The LORD smelled the soothing aroma; and the LORD said to Himself, "I will never again curse the ground on account of man, for the intent of man's heart is evil from his youth; and I will never again destroy every living thing, as I have done. Our hearts are wicked so if we are left up to our own judgment we think we can attain salvation by our own means. But again the Bible says : Jeremiah 17:9 9 The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it? We need to be clothed in Christs Righteousness to be saved. This is the Gospel , read it and beleive.

- Aaron

No comments: