Friday, January 9, 2009

Well Well Put. Modesty.

Modesty is a big issue in our culture and in the Church. I have noticed that the dress in most modern evangelical borders indecency. Clothing is too tight, or too revealing, or the T-Shirts say some pretty dirty things. Mrs. Ingrid Schlueter is a host on Cross Talk , and very Godly woman, who address the issue in her broadcast and Blog post. I was just listening to the show on January 7 that was addressing modesty in the Church and Culture. I have to say she handled the issue very well, and showed it how it really is. I would highly recommend that everyone listen to this broadcast. You can listen to it by going to the link in this post and then going to recent broadcasts on the main page. Also read her blog Ingrid . There is a post on there called Thoughts on Godly Femininity, which talks about the disgusting practice of sexualization of children. It seems as though our culture is more determined than ever to totally destroy purity. I cannot wait for the King to return.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bleh. I'm in school so I see a LOT of immodesty(is that the word?). And even our church is hard sometimes, but it's getting easier for me to ignore it, so that's good.
Hey, you think maybe I can come over soon? Please?
Sunday afternoon we're going out witnessing again if you want to come