Monday, January 26, 2009

I almost forgot. 1 Timothy 4 coupled with Colossians 2

Just and FYI I am an X Catholic. Being Catholic there were certain ordinances and thing we were taught. I read something in 1 Timothy and Colossians today that just jumped off the page for me. I cannot believe I have never seen this before. Back in the days, when I was Catholic we abstained from eating certain foods, like meat, fish, and so on. Also the Priests are not allow to marry. With that being said read these scripture verses..... Does it sound like the Catholic Church is out of order with Scripture?

- Aaron

1 Timothy 4:1-5
1The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

Colossians 2:20-23
20Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: 21"Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!"? 22These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings. 23Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should show these to some of my Catholic friends...I have a few and I've begged them to look at the Bible to see what a true christian is because they won't talk to me about anything spiritual